- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 6 ounces farmer or fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute fennel in oil until crisp-tender. Add sugar and salt. Cook and stir for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until fennel is golden brown. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cool potatoes for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, cheese, sour cream and fennel mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fennel-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p50
Reviews for Fennel-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2015
"I don't see any pine nuts in this recipe."
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2014
"Caramelized Garlic and Fennel are a perfect combo in this Italian-stuffed potato!"