Fennel Stuffed Cod Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped fennel fronds, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1. For sauce, combine the yogurt, 1/4 cup of fennel, lemon juice, chives, salt if desired and pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the croutons, broth, eggs and remaining fennel.
- 3. Spoon about 1 cup stuffing mixture onto each fillet; roll fish around stuffing. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top each with a lemon slice.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted in the dressing reads 165°. Serve with fennel sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with 2 tablespoons oil, low-sodium broth and low-fat yogurt) equals 371 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Fennel Stuffed Cod
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.