Fennel Salad with Citrus Dressing
My family really enjoys crunchy fennel, which pairs well with citrus vinaigrette. The salad makes a nice addition to any meal.—Denise Elder, Hanover, Ontario
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, apple and onion. In a small
- bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to
- coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
To Make Ahead: Prepare dressing up to 3 days before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 160 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.