Fennel Salad with Citrus Dressing Recipe
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine fennel, apple and onion. In another bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
To Make Ahead: Prepare dressing up to 3 days before serving.
3/4 cup: 160 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1/2 starch.