Fennel-Bacon Pasta Salad Recipe
We love it when a recipe turns out to be simple to prepare but elegant enough to serve at a formal dinner. Serve this pasta as a main dish for 4 people, or make it a side dish and make 8 people happy. The pasta is best served warm, but chilling it is another tasty option. —Julian Wong, La Jolla, California
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 3 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled Stilton cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Remove drippings, reserving 3 tablespoons. Saute fennel in reserved drippings for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add walnuts; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until toasted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Add pasta, bacon and 3/4 cup cheese to fennel mixture; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss lightly until cheese is melted, adding enough reserved pasta water to coat pasta. Serve warm with remaining cheese. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Fennel-Bacon Pasta Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p30
Reviews for Fennel-Bacon Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Salads >