Featherlight Scones Recipe
"Scones fit into just about every meal," assures Stephanie Moon, from Boise, Idaho."This dough bakes up beautifully into fully golden wedges. We love the tender triangles with butter and cinnamon-sugar," she adds.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- 2. Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Featherlight Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC