"Scones fit into just about every meal," assures Stephanie Moon, from Boise, Idaho."This dough bakes up beautifully into fully golden wedges. We love the tender triangles with butter and cinnamon-sugar," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium,