Featherlight Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- 2. Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 413 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Featherlight Scones
"I love this recipe and have been baking it for a few years now. It's quick, easy, and delicious. My family is always thrilled when they have discovered I made them. A bit of lemon curd or butter, sugar, and cinnamon, and you have a lovely dessert for tea or anytime."
"The flavor was good, and they rose beautifully. Makes 8 huge scones. I was worried that they would be tough because I had to work in about a cup of extra flour. The dough was impossibly sticky, and I couldn't work with it. I almost threw it away at that point, but baked them anyway. Placed wedges a little apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and ended up having to bake them extra several (7?) minutes in order to make sure the insides got done. They got a little darker than I would have liked. They didn't turn out tough and I got compliments on them. Good for breakfast the next day, nuked for 15 seconds, split, add a dab of butter and jam. Don't know if I'll be making these again."
"This recipe is great as is. It also works with add ins like raisins or sultanas."
"I have literally made this recipe hundreds of times! (I used to bake for a couple of local coffee shops.) Not only did my customers rave about these scones, but my family looks forward to them as well!"
"Easy to make and tasty, but plain. Next time, I'm adding blueberries! Thanks for the recipe!"
"They came out moist and light...very good."
"Yummy! Delicious for anytime, breakfast, with a cup of coffee or with a meal. Thanks!"
"These turned out fabulous! I took some over to my neighbor and she absolutely raved about them."
"These are excellent....."