- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to 3/8-in. thickness; cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: about 10.
Reviews for Favorite Yeast Rolls
"My husband's favorite dinner rolls!"
"Easy southern roll recipe, however I would substitute milk or buttermilk to make a richer taste. A great basic recipe for quick yeast rolls"
"Very slightly sweet, great texture and taste! Perfect dinner roll, and easy to make."
"What a great, easy recipe. Instead of rolling them out, I just divided dough into 12 balls and put them into a 8 inch round cake pan. Within 1 hour, hot rolls were on the table."
"This is pretty much my go-to roll recipe now--it's very quick to make--1.5 hrs. start to finish. I do not roll mine out, I simply divide the dough into 12/13 pieces & shape into balls. I place them about 3/4" apart as I prefer my rolls to touch so we can pull them apart hot out of the oven!"
"The over all recipe was very easy and very tasty, but i didn't like rolls when cut them like biscuits. To me they are much better when rolled out like yeast rolls are meant to be. The dough would also make excellent cinnamon rolls and dessert braids as well."
"great recipe, I don't have a biscuit cutter so just cut out squares with a knife and they still turned out great, had to rise a little longer than called for, but other than that they were wonderful."
"easiest roll recipe and delicious my family loved"
"My boyfriend begs me to bake these, they are his favorite yeast rolls. Since they are so easy to make, I oblige him often. :)"