Favorite Yeast Rolls Recipe
These golden brown rolls are light and tender…and easy to make. To cut out the biscuits, we use the top of a drinking glass, and they turn out just fine. I like them warm with lots of butter.—Emma Rea, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to 3/8-in. thickness; cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: about 10.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC