Favorite Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 radicchio or other lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (save remaining juice for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, apple, grapes, celery, onions and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, curry, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Fold into turkey mixture. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 307 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Favorite Turkey Salad
"Have made this several times, family loves it, and when I have brought it to share, there's never any left! Usually, I'm asked for the recipe. I have left out the grapes."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.