- In a small saucepan, bring the three milks to a boil over medium-low
- heat. Remove from heat; gradually stir a small amount of hot mixture
- into egg yolks. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in rum
- if desired. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk mixture over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into
- cake. Let stand 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine frosting ingredients over low
- heat. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed 1 minute. Continue
- beating on low over low heat until frosting reaches 160°, about
- 14-18 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl; beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 7
- minutes. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without rum) equals 357 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.