Favorite Snack Mix Recipe
For a great change of pace from the usual mix, try this recipe from Carol Allen, field editor at McLeansboro, Illinois. "It's almost impossible to stop eating this sweet and salty snack."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:14 servings
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 can (10 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- 2. Place a third on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes; stir and bake for 6 minutes more. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture. Yield: about 14 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC