Favorite Snack Mix Recipe
For a great change of pace from the usual mix, try this recipe from Carol Allen, field editor at McLeansboro, Illinois. "It's almost impossible to stop eating this sweet and salty snack."
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 can (10 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- 2. Place a third on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes; stir and bake for 6 minutes more. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture. Yield: about 14 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC