For a great change of pace from the usual mix, try this recipe from Carol Allen, field editor at McLeansboro, Illinois. "It's almost impossible to stop eating this sweet and salty snack."
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 can (10 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place a third on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes; stir and bake for 6 minutes more. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture. Yield: about 14 cups.
Originally published as Favorite Snack Mix in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p64
Reviews for Favorite Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review