Favorite Sloppy Joes
I've prepared these sandwiches for years. I've tried many sloppy joe recipes, but this one is the best by far. It also travels well for picnics or potlucks.--Eleanor Mielke, Snohomish, Washington
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
- Add chili sauce, water, mustard and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered,
- for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun;
- top with a cheese slice. Yield: 12 servings.