Favorite Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, egg noodles, water and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the ricotta, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Skillet Lasagna(14)
Sort By :
My husband & my very picky nephew loved it! For an 8 year old to ask for the recipe, it must be good! ;-)
Awesome and super fast!!
We made this last night... it was great!! My husband and I really enjoyed it. We has spinach on hand so we added that in the meal. It was a hit... we look forward to making this again!
Sorry to have to disagree w/ everybody. This recipe was awful. I ended up throwing everything out. I think the problem was the "uncooked" noodles. If I were to make this ever again, I would cook my noodles. The noodles never cooked properly, tasting gummy. Maybe it was the brand of noodles. I don't know. Usually I have great success with the Taste of Home recipes. This one, not quite.
This is a great recipe. My husband always gets nervous when he asks what's for supper and I say I'm trying something new. He really liked this one. Very easy and tasty. The BEST part is that with this "lasagna", I don't have to eat it all week. The leftovers (not many) were even better. Thanks for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >