- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, noodles, water and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Skillet Lasagna
Sort By :
"Lite, flavorful, and filling. Made it to recipe except the zucchini went bad so I had to use a red bell pepper. Husband, 2yr old and 18 yr kiddos loved it. Added a side of Normandy veggies and tasted awesome. Saving this in the "go to" pile of recipes."
"I hate giving bad reviews, but I made this last week exactly as the recipe suggests, as I always try to do on the first crack, and found it terribly boring. The cheese was the only thing that made it somewhat flavorful. I will try it again,but will add a lot of different things to make it have some zip."
"Easy to make and it taste like a classic lasagna but takes less time to make!"
"My kids enjoyed this and I like the added nutrition! Added fresh garlic and spices!"
"Very yummy! I added extra spices - garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, salt & pepper but it depends on the spaghetti sauce you use. I also added some chopped mushrooms that I needed to use up. I might add more noodles next time, but will definitely make again!!"