- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, noodles, water and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Skillet Lasagna
"This was delicious. My 17 month old loved it so much, she covered herself in it!"
"Lite, flavorful, and filling. Made it to recipe except the zucchini went bad so I had to use a red bell pepper. Husband, 2yr old and 18 yr kiddos loved it. Added a side of Normandy veggies and tasted awesome. Saving this in the "go to" pile of recipes."
"I hate giving bad reviews, but I made this last week exactly as the recipe suggests, as I always try to do on the first crack, and found it terribly boring. The cheese was the only thing that made it somewhat flavorful. I will try it again,but will add a lot of different things to make it have some zip."
"Easy to make and it taste like a classic lasagna but takes less time to make!"
"My kids enjoyed this and I like the added nutrition! Added fresh garlic and spices!"