Favorite Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 260 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Favorite Skillet Dinner
"Delicious one skillet dinner. Healthy and economical."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.