Favorite Skillet Dinner
This has been a family favorite for years. So when our children completed college and moved out on their own, this recipe went with them.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil and butter
- for 5-6 minutes on each side. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and low-sodium chicken broth and without added salt) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 starch; also, 260 calories, 111 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 30 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a