This has been a family favorite for years. So when our children completed college and moved out on their own, this recipe went with them.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Skillet Dinner in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Skillet Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2014
"Delicious one skillet dinner. Healthy and economical."