Favorite Pull-Apart Rolls Recipe
I've been using this recipe for soft pull-apart rolls for over 20 years and have yet to tire of it. This easy-to-make recipe yields wonderful results. —Gay Nell Nicholas, Henderson, Texas
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add boiling water; mix well. Cool to 110° to 115°. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add yeast mixture and eggs to creamed mixture; mix well. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 32 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 32 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC