Favorite Pork Chops Recipe
My mom often served this dish when relatives were visiting. The night before, I'd watch her prepare the soy sauce marinade. As the pork chops baked the next day, the tantalizing aroma would fill the kitchen. It was always a hit! -Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring soy sauce, water, brown sugar and molasses to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for 3-6 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC