Favorite Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring soy sauce, water, brown sugar and molasses to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for 3-6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Favorite Pork Chops
Sort By :
very very good. I cut marinade in half and it still had great flavor. It really was too much sauce. Next time I will cut sauce in half. I will definitely make again!!!
Excellent recipe, however could cut both the marinade and sauce in half and still have plenty.
The DH loves this recipe since I found it the magazine in the summer of 2002.
I also cut both the marinade and sauce in half. Next time I will also cut back a little on the sugar, too sweet for me. Did enjoy the recipe though, chops very tender, moist and tasty. Will make again .. tessietessie1
I used 5 pork chops and cut the rest of the recipe in half, and there was still way too much marinade and way too much sauce. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but wasn't that great, and I don't think I'll make it again.