Favorite Pizza Crust
Homemade pizza is my favorite dish to make for my family. They love this crust because it is soft yet has a little crisp to it.Kathleen Miller, Battle Ground, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water; set aside. In a large
- bowl, place remaining water, salt, sugar, oil, cornmeal and 2 cups
- flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 5-6 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to
- grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 30 minutes. Punch the dough down and divide in half. Roll dough into
- two 16-in. circles; place on greased pizza pans. Top with desired
- pizza ingredients. Bake at 400° until crust is lightly golden
- brown, about 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 pizzas (16 inches each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 282 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.