- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
"Very good. If I don't over bake them, then I like these bars better than pecan pie--easy for me to overbake though, so I need to watch the crust and the bars very closely. I think I overbake because they look runny so I let them go too long and then I overdo them. I have a hard time telling when the filling is "set"."
"These are fantastic loved them just as they are."
"the pecan pie bars were great . went by the recipe , making it again for holidays"
"Would you be able to make this with a pie crust from the store and put on bottom ?"
"We couldn't stop eating it! Fantastic!!"