- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
Sort By :
"I made these yesterday for Thanksgiving. The taste is nice but my filling was WAY to watery, ran off the crust. IF I make these again I might reduce the eggs to 2 and use less Karo syrup & sugar. Anyone else have this trouble ? Overall pretty disappointed."
"These are great but if you use half light corn syrup and half dark the are even better!"
"These bars are very simple to make. They taste a little less sweet then a pecan pie. Will definitely make them again."
"Made this for a funeral lunch today. Did not have corn syrup so used maple syrup. Used my large bar pan from pampered chef. They came out perfect and the taste was out of this world. Will be using this again for sure. Already sent recipe to my daughter to try."
"Please tell me how to adjust this recipe for high altitude...6800 feet above sea level. I really want to make these! Thank you!"