- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
Sort By :
"For this recipe should the light or the dark corn syrup be used???"
"Bars are a really simple way to serve a crowd and make for easy travel or gift ideas. This recipe allows you do just that with all the classic flavors of a pecan pie."
"Better than pecan pie!"
"I made these for Thanksgiving instead of making a pecan pie and they were yummy. Everyone kept going back for more. By the end of the evening there were only a couple left. Will definitely make these again."
"I've made this with a twist. I added a cheese cake filling!It was like two in one and it was a big hit with my coworkers."