Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
These bars are good for snacking when you're on the road or for taking to gatherings. They're different from ordinary dessert bars...if you love pecan pie, you'll likely find them irresistible! Sylvia Ford
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt;
- cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into
- a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted
- butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in
- pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.