Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
Send your favorite holiday travelers on their way with a package of these nutty little bars to eat when they get home. —Sylvia Ford, Kennett, Missouri
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt;
- cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into
- a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted
- butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in
- pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.