- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Pecan Pie Bars
"Absolutely a family favorite!!"
"Excellent recipe! Everyone loved them! Followed recipe exactly as written, except I unintentionally used 4 Tbsp butter in the filling. I cooked it for 33 minutes in a convection oven. Edges were slightly crunchy when cooled but I love that!"
"Perfect results just as written! The potluck crowd went for seconds and I saw several being tucked away in napkins to take home, always an indication of a winner! Solution to pan cleanup problem: lightly spray pan, then line with parchment big enough to hang over on at least 2 sides. Spray the paper and proceed. When cooled, lift the uncut bars out of pan using the overhanging parchment for handles. The bars are easier to cut, and no sticky pan!"
"Very good. If I don't over bake them, then I like these bars better than pecan pie--easy for me to overbake though, so I need to watch the crust and the bars very closely. I think I overbake because they look runny so I let them go too long and then I overdo them. I have a hard time telling when the filling is "set"."
"These are fantastic loved them just as they are."
"the pecan pie bars were great . went by the recipe , making it again for holidays"
"Would you be able to make this with a pie crust from the store and put on bottom ?"
"We couldn't stop eating it! Fantastic!!"