Favorite Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, oil, molasses and extracts; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut and apple.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Morning Glory Muffins
"VERY good! sometimes i add pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. i make these often - perfect for an on-the-go breakfast"
"The first time I made these muffins, I used a Gala apple and scotch oats instead since that's what I had on hand and they turned out great, very moist, with a slightly crisp top, not too sweet, very good flavor my boyfriend had 3 at one time, I took some to work the coworkers wanted the recipe gave some to my mom she loved them and now by popular demand I just finished baking my second batch all within 3 days. These make bran muffins very boring."