Favorite Molasses Cookies Recipe
Favorite Molasses Cookies, from Marjorie Jenkins of Lees Summit, Missouri, are chewy inside, crisp outside.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Press flat with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 89 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC