Favorite Molasses Cookies
Favorite Molasses Cookies, from Marjorie Jenkins of Lees Summit, Missouri, are chewy inside, crisp outside.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine
- dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for 1 hour
- or until firm.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Press flat
- with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 89 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.