Favorite Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, enchilada sauce, chilies, taco seasoning and pepper; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with two tortillas, a third of the remaining meat mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with tortilla chips.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with olives, guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Favorite Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
This was a bit heavy. I used whole wheat tortillas and Italian sausage. Next time I would use more cheese. Family said they liked it. We also made a loaf of French bread and a spinach salad.
This was fantastic! The whole family loved it. I did do a few things differently-I skipped the chilies (since my kids don't like them) and I added a touch of cumin. I also skipped the crushed chips and decided to top it w/ a layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese. I will definitely make this again!
Great recipe. Made with corn tortillas and without the added calories of the crushed tortillas chips on top.
This was great! I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have black beans. I did one layer of flour tortilia on the bottom, instead of just starting with the meat on the bottom layer.
I have tried many different mexican lasagne recipes, this one had everyone raving. Wonderful flavours. Guess it's a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >