- 18 cups torn romaine (about 2 large bunches)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Favorite Mediterranean Salad
"Delicious! Loved this salad!"
"This is great. I omitted the roasted red peppers but even without, it's a refreshing change to a regular salad. Brought it to a friends house and everyone raved!"
"I've made this recipe several times and have shared it with many. It is great for serving a large number of people and goes well with so many different main dishes."
"My favorite new recipe of the summer - so yummy. I didn't make the dressing, I used Kraft Greek Vinaigrette. I have made the salad at least 3 times!"
"My son and husband have asked me to remake this dressing several times now - I had cut down the recipe since there are just the three of us, but it doesn't last very long around here! This salad dressing is Perfect!"
"Very good, served it to my picky kids and they loved it too. I'm not a big fan of feta cheese but it was very good in this salad, and my feta loving hubby was happy to add more leftover feta to his already large helping!"
"I made this yesterday for my granddaughter's birthday. It was absolutely great. The vinegar & oil proportions were just perfect. The only thing I added extra was 1 teaspoon of sugar."
"I added 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon to the dressing. It does make a refreshing salad and tasty dressing. Will make again."