Favorite Meatball Stew Recipe
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, pork and veal
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, cheese and pepper. Crumble beef, pork and veal over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Place the meatballs, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine soup mix and water; pour over meatball mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas and parsley; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Favorite Meatball Stew(3)
Sort By :
The family LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this stew.
Good recipe...we used regular Italian-style meatballs instead of making our own, and it was still good. Lacking in a little flavor though...
This stew is fantastic. Our kids asked for seconds and that never happens.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >