Favorite Meatball Stew Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, pork and veal
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, cheese and pepper. Crumble beef, pork and veal over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Place the meatballs, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine soup mix and water; pour over meatball mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas and parsley; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 265 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Favorite Meatball Stew
"The family LOVES, LOVES, LOVES this stew."
"Good recipe...we used regular Italian-style meatballs instead of making our own, and it was still good. Lacking in a little flavor though..."
"This stew is fantastic. Our kids asked for seconds and that never happens."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.