- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sliced mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until the
- sausage is browned and the vegetables are tender; drain. Add the
- remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. cover and simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the first 8 meatball ingredients;
- crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in.
- balls. Brown in oil; drain. Add to the sauce; cover and simmer for 2
- hours. Serve on rolls. Top with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 913 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.