Favorite Meat Loaf
Meat loaf is my all-time favorite dish to cook. One year, an aunt and I put together a cookbook that included over 50 variations of that hearty, old-fashioned main course.—Jim Hopkins, Whittier, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned
- salt and onion powder; mix well. Stir in oats, carrot and parsley.
- Combine beef and pork; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a
- 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with ketchup. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2
- hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°;
- drain. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 370 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.