- 350° for 60-70 minutes or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, lemon
- juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Brush pita breads with 1 tablespoon oil; heat on a lightly greased
- griddle for 1 minute on each side. Keep warm. Cut meat loaf into
- very thin slices. In a large skillet, fry meat loaf in remaining oil
- in batches until crisp.
- On each pita bread, layer the tomato, onion and meat loaf slices; top
- with some tzatziki sauce. Carefully fold pitas in half. Serve with
- remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now