My family enjoys meat loaf, but sometimes I can't spare the hour or more it takes to bake in the traditional shape. A quick alternative is to divide the meat mixture into muffin cups for individual servings that are ready in less than 30 minutes.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 4 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into 12 foil-lined or greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Drain before serving. Drizzle with ketchup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Meat Loaf Cups in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Favorite Meat Loaf Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review