- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and onion powder; mix well. Stir in oats, carrot and parsley. Combine beef and pork; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with ketchup. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Favorite Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This recipe was really easy and really yummy. I agree with the person who wanted "more" and I'll probably add more spices, like black pepper, chipotle, red pepper, etc...next time. I did use Cilantro instead of parsley and I think that made it a little more flavorful. After draining, you could use the juices to make a gravy, I suppose; might be good!
you can do anything with meatloaf!! Love It
For some reason it just seemed too plain and I even added a green pepper to it. Not bad just not very flavorful.
I have looked for years for a really good meat loaf recipe. This is it! The best meat loaf I have ever made. It is wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >