Favorite Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
My family begs me to make mashed sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love this recipe because it can be made a day ahead and warmed up before the big meal. —Senja Merrill, Sandy, Utah
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding orange juice, brown sugar, syrup and pie spice to reach desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 117 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Favorite Mashed Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC