Favorite Marvelous Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic, tarragon and nutmeg in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; slowly add sour cream. Cook and stir until smooth. Stir in cream and milk. Add lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Marvelous Mushroom Soup(5)
Sort By :
Doubled the mushrooms, used 1 cup total 1/2 & 1/2 instead of evaporated milk and added beef flavoring. Wouldn't use more spices than called for. Yummy! Definitely making again.
My husband and I really enjoyed this tonight. Only modifications I made were: extra mushrooms, a little extra garlic and I used fresh tarragon. Served it with crusty bread. Yummy!
I agree that it needs more mushrooms, but this soup was absolutely delicious! My whole family enjoyed.
I would also add more mushrooms next time, but the flavor is great! Definitely a keeper!
This soup is wonderful The only change I made was to add more mushrooms. Yum-yum.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >