Favorite Marshmallow Fruit Salad
The cooked custard dressing for this salad is uniquely delicious. Mixing in marshmallow halves with the fruit makes each serving light, fluffy and fun!
Park Forest, Illinois
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows, halved
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, whisk
- the egg yolks, milk and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until mixture reaches 160° and coasts the back of a metal spoon.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Stir into marshmallows.
- In a bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla on medium
- speed until soft peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Add
- fruit; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3
- hours. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 18 servings.