- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows, halved
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, milk and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coasts the back of a metal spoon. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir into marshmallows.
- In a bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Add fruit; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"Took this to a graduation party and got rave reviews. The salad tasted just a little tart to me, so I just added a little more confectioners' sugar. It turned out great!"
"Thank you jeanbeatty, I like your recipe better. Sue"
"I make this same recipe, only I use 16 oz sour cream instead of heavy cream, and let it sit over night."