Favorite Marinated Vegetables Recipe
Toss some good-for-you veggies together with a coating of fat-free salad dressing, and you've got this ideal side dish in no time. From Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, Sarah Newman writes, “The recipe is so easy, and marinating the vegetables overnight gives them a great flavor and texture. It's perfect for picnics, potlucks or other gatherings!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC