Favorite Marinated Vegetables Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Favorite Marinated Vegetables
"Delicious and so easy. I have Made it three times now. The first time I altered it very slightly by Balanchine the vegetables for 30 seconds and then putting them in iced water to stoop them cooking —though actually I thought I'd read to do that in the recipe but i must have either imagined it or read it in another similar recipe somewhere. The second time I just marinated them. Both methods came out well, but I think the blanched ones looked a little more colourful.The third time I blanched as before but forgot to put the, in iced water. Oops! So they came out less crunchy,; they tasted the same but the crunchy ones were better.This recipe has quite reconciled me to the idea/practice of eating my vegetables raw. — this way they still have wonderful crunch but the marinating makes them taste far better."
"It is good, healthy, and wonderful. I think I will double the fat free Italian dressing the next time"