Brenda Snyder from Hesston, Pennsylvania notes, "This is a nice way to serve mushrooms as an appetizer...and it also makes a great side dish for any type of meat. Sometimes I add these tangy mushrooms to salads for extra flavor, too."
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). Place caps in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing mix, water, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and seasonings.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl; add dressing and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Marinated Mushrooms in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p44
Reviews for Favorite Marinated Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review