Chocolate and cream cheese are swirled in these yummy bars to create a sensation that's sure to please your sweet tooth...and fool it at the same time! This dessert tastes so rich, it's hard to believe it's low in fat. —Jean Komlos of Plymouth, Michigan
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat in the egg, egg white and sour cream on low speed just until combined. Beat in chocolate mixture until smooth. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg white and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- Spread chocolate batter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drop the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p31
Reviews for Favorite Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review