- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add the coffee, syrup, oil and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oat mixture, eggs, sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Favorite Maple Oatmeal Bread(3)
Sort By :
This is one of the best bread recipes I have made yet. I made it for a church supper and it got raves. I often get requests to make it again.
Delicious! One of the best tasting breads I have ever made!
This is comfort food in a loaf! It's tender, light, and ever so slightly sweet. One of my favorites! I half the recipe and put in a bread machine. It comes out great every time.