Favorite Macaroon Kisses Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Candied cherries and/or chocolate kisses
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, extract and juice. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place a cherry or chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 184 calories, 11g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Macaroon Kisses
"This is a great macaroon recipe. A great addition to my holiday baking."