Favorite Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cook on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Lemon Cheesecake
"This cheesecake is so refreshing. The lemon flavor is perfectly balanced with the sweetness."
"I am always proud of myself when this delicious dessert comes out looking like the picture. I have made it many times for a special meal for special friends. Very easy and yummy."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.