Favorite Lemon Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add dry gelatin and lemon extract; beat 3 minutes longer. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and sugar. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled. Serve with dessert. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Favorite Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Sort By :
This cheesecake is really good, but it's better with the sauce poured on the top, then refrigerated. The sauce then becomes a thin layer of clear yellow, which looks good, and it also distributes the taste of the cake and sauce evenly.
This is a great recipe, but it's better with the sauce spread over the cheesecake. Spread before refrigerating the cheesecake, and it creates a thin sheet of clear yellow. It's beautiful and the taste is well distributed!
This is delicious and easy...i have made this recipe multiple times. I have made the lemon sauce and it is good, however I prefer to serve it with blueberry topping...
I served this at my sister's baby shower and then at a church potluck. Everyone loved it! It was simple to make and yummy to eat.
This cheesecake dessert was delicious - served with the lemon sauce & a blueberry sauce supreme