Everyone will know spring is here when you serve these yummy, yellow cheesecake squares. Cool and refreshing, this dessert cuts easily and keeps for several days in the refrigerator. —Patty Auxier, Royalton, Kentucky
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add dry gelatin and lemon extract; beat 3 minutes longer. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and sugar. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled. Serve with dessert. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Lemon Cheesecake Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Favorite Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review