Favorite Layered Salad Recipe
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, combine romaine and spinach. Layer with mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, onion, pepper, cucumber and peas. Combine Miracle Whip and sugar; spread over peas. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 131 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Favorite Layered Salad
"I made this yesterday, and had it for brunch today, as well as last evening for our side! I put in cilantro and celery, and even "halved" the salad!! It was perfect & I was able to adjust to what I have and still was perfect!!! thanks for sharing!!! Share B. ;o)I forgot that I put a wee bit of our bleu cheese drsg. to the mayo mix. ;o) yumereeee!!!"
"Delicious. So fresh with all of the vegetables. The only thing I changed was the dressing. I used lite mayo, a little bit of ranch dressing and 1 teaspoon of sugar."