Favorite Layered Salad
“This salad offers the best that summer produce has to offer, and it looks so beautiful layered in a glass bowl. It’s almost too pretty to dig into…almost! And
it’s perfect for potlucks.” —Jodi Anderson, Overbrook, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, combine romaine and spinach.
- Layer with mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, onion, pepper, cucumber and
- peas. Combine Miracle Whip and sugar; spread over peas. Sprinkle
- with cheese and bacon. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,