Favorite Layered Salad Recipe
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, combine romaine and spinach. Layer with mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, onion, pepper, cucumber and peas. Combine Miracle Whip and sugar; spread over peas. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.