- 2 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, combine romaine and spinach. Layer with mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, onion, pepper, cucumber and peas. Combine Miracle Whip and sugar; spread over peas. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Layered Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p35
Reviews for Favorite Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2011
"Delicious. So fresh with all of the vegetables. The only thing I changed was the dressing. I used lite mayo, a little bit of ranch dressing and 1 teaspoon of sugar."