Favorite Kielbasa Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and vegetables to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add kielbasa and soup; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 234 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Kielbasa Bean Soup
"this is probably the 5th time i have made this i make it just as the recipe says. i have 5 kids with different tastes and they all love this. i usually have to make a double batch tho so we all get some lol"
"799 mg Sodium, wow, that will put your blood pressure in overdrive.It comes from the high salt contents from the Kielbasa and Bean'n bacon soup. Daisey5 had the right idea, use 2 cans of Low sodium chicken broth, use 2 cans of white Navy Beans or Great Northern, and low sodium/low fat Kielbasa or Turkey Kielbasa. Cook Potatoes and Carrots as directed in the chicken Broth (dont drain). meanwhile saute the Onion, Celery and Kielbasa slices in 1 tab canola oil and spoon into above potato/veggie mix, add the 2 cans of beans, pepper and a sprinkle of sea-salt to taste. It will be better tasting and healthier for you (less then half the sodium) unless you want to go into sodium overdrive. Normally i would not critique someones recipe this harsh, but the 799 mg got my attention and concern."
"very good soup! nice way to get the kids their veggies"
"made this for supper tonight and my husband really liked it. You can add just about anything with recipe. Someone suggested a can of tomatoes too. It's really good."
"This was a very hearty soup with great flavor for a cold winter's evening."