Favorite Kielbasa Bean Soup
This is a robust soup that we get hungry for often. Good kielbasa is plentiful in this region, and it makes a wonderful meat base for this soup!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water and vegetables to a boil. Cover and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add
- kielbasa and soup; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.