Favorite Kielbasa Bean Soup Recipe
This is a robust soup that we get hungry for often. Good kielbasa is plentiful in this region, and it makes a wonderful meat base for this soup!
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and vegetables to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add kielbasa and soup; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC