This is a robust soup that we get hungry for often. Good kielbasa is plentiful in this region, and it makes a wonderful meat base for this soup!
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water and vegetables to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add kielbasa and soup; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Kielbasa Bean Soup in Country Extra January 1991, p49
Reviews for Favorite Kielbasa Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review