Favorite Jiffy Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) red beans and rice mix
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- 1. Cook red beans and rice mix according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, brown sugar and hot sauce if desired. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without hot sauce) equals 544 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,754 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.